Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Makings of an Adventure...

Hello!  Welcome to my blog, Amanda's South African Adventure, where I will be sharing the story of my service trip to South Africa this summer.  This is no ordinary trip, however.  I have been extremely blessed in having been awarded the Fr. Philip A. Smith Fellowship for Study and Service Abroad at Providence College, a fellowship which, this year, is sending 10 fellows to various locations around the world at no cost to us, thanks to the Board of Trustees at PC and very generous donors.  I don't believe that it gets anymore incredible than that!  If I had been told that I would be embarking on this journey a few years ago, I never would have believed you.  In fact, if I had been told just a few months ago, I wouldn't have believed it.  And yet, it is happening.  You see, life brings about many unexpected twists and turns, especially in college, and some of them take you out of your comfort zone, across the world even.  I know that this journey...this adventure...will take me out of my comfort zone, yes, but help me grow as a person, in my faith, and in experience, and show me just how completely blessed I am.  And so I would love it if you would follow along on this once in a lifetime adventure will me!

No comments: